Freeradius PEAP/MSCHAPv2 against Apple OpenDirectory

m4xmr m.tommasi at purplesrl.com
Wed Jul 27 09:31:50 CEST 2011

Hi,
have you found a solution or a workaround?
I have the same problem, you experienced.
I configured freeradius to "talk" with LDAP on Mac but at the end I realized
that in the userPassword field isn't saved the clear-text password of the
LDAP user.
OpenDirectory doesn't use that field and implements the authentication thru
Kerberos.
I've just recompiled freeradius with the rlm_opendirectory module enabled
and now I'm experiencing the problem you was talking about..., I suppose I
have to install freeradius on the same machine as OpenDirectory.
I'm pretty upset about it..., it's a little odd....
Have you got some useful information about it?

Let me know, please.

Max