Disable mysql dbm during freeradius installation

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 15:01:18 CEST 2011

On 07/27/2011 07:42 AM, Vasanth Ragavendran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am installing Freeradius and for my scenario i just need to
> authenticate from local files and there is no need for DBM or mysql or
> anything. how do i disable them during installation of freeradius. I
> tried using --disable-rlm-dbm and similar but it din't work out. How do
> i disable them from installing? Awaiting any help! Many thanks.

Try --without-<mod_name> where <mod_name> is a module name, e.g.
--without-rlm-dbm

This has to be done at the configure step, then build and install again.

Hint, often these kind of questions can be answered by taking a peek at
the configure.in file in the appropriate directory. For example
src/modules/rlm_dbm/configure.in has:

if test x$with_[]modname != xno; then

The --with-XXX and --without-XXX are standard autotools idioms.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/