Freeradius closes

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Jul 28 14:45:43 CEST 2011

Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Alexander Clouter <alex at digriz.org.uk> wrote:
>> rad_recv: Status-Server packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 50412, id=38, length=38
>> [event.c:3002] Failed to insert event
>> ----
>>
>> There seem to be a bunch of malloc()'s where it could fail lurking
>> behind INSERT_EVENT().  I am pretty sure that the system is not running
>> out of RAM (it is a 512MB box) but I am now priming up snmpd and RRD to
>> track this over time.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> What happens when you send Status-Server packet manually (see "man
> radclient" for example)? Does the failure happen?

Status-Server is sent from localhost once a second as part of the
failover system I use:

http://www.digriz.org.uk/ha-ospf-anycast

The script used is:

http://www.digriz.org.uk/ha-ospf-anycast?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=radius-probe

I do not think it is related to it as sometimes days can pass between
the daemon exiting and on this occasion it was only an hour or two.  If
it was related to the cumulative number of requests being processed, I
would expect a roughly regular 'death' interval.

I do not think it is load related either as we have had the system die
at all hours of the day.

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Unix soit qui mal y pense