Slow Mysql Queries

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jun 7 09:45:19 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM, OzSpots - Carl Sawers
<carl at ozspots.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks for the help Fajar, We wish to fix this in house so don't want to pay for a dba BUT we are not getting much closer to the issue though....

... because you lack the skill of a DBA.

> I have found that a lot of the tables are actually indexed I just didn't know where to look.

Did you read my first mail, where I said too many index can be harmful?
Did you run "EXPLAIN ..." as shown in the link I sent in my last mail?

>> PHPmyadmin runtime info states that  Select_full_join  is 49    and
>> that if this value is not 0, you should carefully check the indexes of
>> your tables.
>
>>Good suggestion. Did you do it?
>
> I had a look at PHPmyadmin runtime variables and it shows this in red highlight , as the tables are actually indexed I'm not sure why this is the case...
>
> Also in Red are these, I have adjusted some of the values but no joy:

Did you read my last email, where I said "don't expect phpmyadmin or
mysqlreport to
magically show you which option to change in order to get performance
boost."?

Did you try the suggestions I put in the summary of my last mail?

Honestly, for your case, at this point posting radius log or the
output of phpmyadmin or mysqlreport is not useful anymore.

--
Fajar