eduroam using Eap-ttls and securing user's password

Reg Emailster regemailster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:15:45 CEST 2011

Thanks Gerald for the reply.

Just to confirm, you are saying that at the partner's institution, the user's client will set up an encrypted channel all the way back to the client's home institution RADIUS server (determined using the login realm), and their plain password will be passed inside this encrypted channel? IIf that is the case, then I would feel a lot safer since the only place which can potentially see the password is the home institution RADIUS server which is not such a concern I guess.