Opposite of Expiraton attribute?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 11:53:28 CEST 2011

On 06/18/2011 07:30 PM, Matthew George wrote:
> Thanks you so much for your assistance p.mayers
>
> In a nutshell, probably the easiest way to do what I'm trying to do is maybe
> to use an attribute called "Current-Time-Date"

Ok, so you can do this:

raddb/dictionary:

ATTRIBUTE Current-Time-Date 3001 string

raddb/sites-enabled/xx:

authorize {
   update request {
     Current-Time-Date := "%S"
   }
   sql

%S expands to an "SQL time"; e.g. a few minutes ago:

2011-06-20 10:48:49

...so in radcheck you can put:

Current-Time-Date >= 2011-07-01 00:00:00

...and that will let them log in from midnight on July 1st. This works
because (as I'm sure you realise) a string comparison is the same as a
date comparison as long as the date gets more specific as you go
right->left and is padded and formatted appropriately.