Multivalued (LDAP) Attributes and string matching, or regexes

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Tue Jun 21 21:37:28 CEST 2011

Jason Antman <jantman at oit.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> I don't really know anything about it, and haven't seen mention of it
> outside of the modules list, but perhaps I could use rlm_perl or
> rlm_python? Does anyone know about the efficiency of these? I know I'm
> approaching this from the standpoint of a traditional programming
> language, but the way I see it, I just need to loop over the values of
> the employeeType[] attribute, and have some sort of variable to store
> state...

I thought I remembered this popping up recently, I would have mentioned
it earlier but my Google-Fu at the time was weak and I though I was
imagining things.

If you checkout v2.1.x[1] and then type:
----
$ git checkout -b foreach
$ git cherry-pick a3221304
$ git cherry-pick 11aa4442
$ git cherry-pick ba18f024
$ git cherry-pick de60e732
$ <mumble, compile, mumble, install, mumble>
----

It will either:
 * give you foreach[2] ('man 5 unlang')
 * make your pants explode[3]