802.1x auth EAP-TLS problem

Marco Londero ml at alternativi.org
Tue Jun 28 09:41:38 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I have a problem in my freeradius setup and I'm looking for some hints
about that.

Scenario:

1) GNU/Linux client w/ WPA supplicant configured to request access through
EAP-TLS using a certificate (in order to achieve 802.1x ethernet
authentication)
2) 802.1x enabled switch where client is connected
3) user/pass 802.1x authentication works fine (MSCHAPv2 based)
4) freeradius authenticates users on LDAP

Freeradius debug log of the issue is here:

-------
http://pastie.org/2132916
-------

All certificates should be ok (both on server and client):

-------
FP42A certs # openssl verify ca.pem
ca.pem: OK
FP42A certs # openssl verify server.pem