Changing the User-Name value from a request

Tiberiu Breana tiberiu.breana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:22:16 CEST 2011

Hello.
I'm using freeRADIUS to authenticate SIP requests and I'm having problems
processing the users.
In a request I receive a User-Name that isn't useful, and a Sip-URI-User
value which contains the real User-Name that I need.

I've tried
if(Sip-URI-User) {
    update request {
         User-Name = Sip-URI-User

in default's authorize section, but it says "request returns notfound".

I've tried User-Name = Sip-URI-User in the preprocess section of
radiusd.conf but it doesn't seem to do anything.

So, how can I switch the two before proceeding to authenticate the user?
Where and what conditions should be placed?
I'm kind of in a time crisis and I don't know what to try anymore.

Advice is welcome. Thank you.