IP Pool for Ethernet

Groebl, Laurence (Laurence) laurence.groebl at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Mar 1 11:39:45 CET 2011

Hello Alan,

Yes, according to the documentation of the Juniper Gateway, the gateway should be able to understand the Radius attribute 8 "Framed-IP-Address" in the Access-Accept message, but it seems that it also need the attribute 88 " Framed-Pool".

This is described in "Concepts & Examples ScreenOS Reference Guide, User Authentication document", chapter "Framed Pool and Framed IP Address" page 26,
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/screenos/screenos6.3.0/630_ce_UserAuth.pdf

And then the Gateway should be able to send this address in the IKEv2 configuration payload to the IPsec client (this ikev2 interface is already working with local address assignment in the gateway, we tested it).

Best regards,
Laurence