radius start up error

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Fri Mar 4 16:24:54 CET 2011

  I have a tendency to over complicate things with freeradius, so I will
just post my error on my first start up:

I understand the dummy certs are created when launching radiusd -X, but
not sure how to fix the missing dh file without creating new ones. Is
the unknown module "eap" error because of the dh error?

(This is a MAC server)

tls: dh_file = "/private/etc/raddb/certs/dh"
  tls: random_file = "/private/etc/raddb/certs/random"
  tls: fragment_size = 1024
  tls: include_length = yes
  tls: check_crl = no
  tls: check_cert_cn = "(null)"
  tls: cipher_list = "(null)"
  tls: check_cert_issuer = "(null)"
rlm_eap_tls: Loading the certificate file as a chain
rlm_eap_tls: Unable to open DH file - /private/etc/raddb/certs/dh
rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1954] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1897] Failed to parse authenticate section.