decoupled accounting cron check

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Sun Mar 6 22:44:36 CET 2011

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at gmail.com> wrote:

> So does the detail reader read the packet, find that its invalid and
> then retry the same packet?

Yes...after waiting 30 seconds then retrying.

For 'valid' packets, it is handy, as I get to fix my SQL, but there will
come a point where is safe[1] and I will probably look to rely more on
the approach Alan just posted...but maybe it is more interesting not to.

Bah, it's only accounting packets, I have ~99%+ of them, who really
cares in the 'eduroam' world if I get the final 10^-$BIGNUM :)

Cheers

[1] I thought I actually had it covered this week, but it imploded
	twice and I added a few more CASE's and %{%{...}:-0}'s

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: To teach is to learn twice.