Packet tracing web interface

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 13:11:21 CET 2011

On 14/03/11 10:16, Brian Candler wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:08:27PM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:
>> On 03/12/2011 01:02 PM, Brian Candler wrote:
>>> I'd like to build a "packet tracer" web interface for freeradius: that is,
>>> somewhere where you can paste in a set of AV pairs (perhaps caught from
>>> radsniff), and you get back the AV responses plus all the decision-making
>>> logic that took place.  Basically what freeradius -X shows.
>>>

>> Have you seen
>>
>> radmin
>
> I can't see how radmin would help here. Is it possible to use it to inject a
> test packet?  I can't see how, in which case I need to use radclient anyway.

I'll be honest - I haven't tried it! But I quickly glanced at the source
code for the "radmin inject" command I referred to, and it certainly
seemed like it would allow injection of arbitrary packets, and capture
of the replies.

Having said that, I just segfaulted the server I tested it on, so be
careful!