Sending attribute with sub-attributes

David Peterson davidp at wirelessconnections.net
Tue Mar 15 14:05:43 CET 2011

I am having issue with this portion of the dictionary.  The packet shows as
malformed and is for some reason sending two tlv's that seem to be mangled
or merged somehow.  Here is how I have this portion of my dictionary.wimax
setup.

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-R3-IF-Descriptor                  26   tlv

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-R3-IF-Name                                        26.1
string

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-R3-IF-ID                                          26.2
octets

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-PDFID                                             26.3
short

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-IPv4-addr                                         26.4
ipaddr

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-IPv4-Netmask                                      26.5
ipaddr

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-DGW-IPv4-addr                                     26.6
ipaddr

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-DHCP-Option                                       26.7
tlv

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-Ref-R3-IF-Name                            26.7.1
string

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-DHCP-Option-Container                     26.7.2
string

I am sending

WiMAX-R3-IF-Name          = "vpws"

WiMAX-PDFID                       = 1

However the length of the attribute seems wrong at least according to
wireshark.

Any thoughts would be very helpful.

David