Accounting - Acct-Interim-Interval

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 12:25:01 CET 2011

On 16/03/11 11:15, Wynand Meijer wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * We have added the attribute "Acct-Interim-Interval = 150" to the
> radgroupreply

Ok. That's a lot shorter than most people set (300 is common, 1800 in
some cases) but it's legal. It MUST NOT be <60.

> * However we are not getting accounting packets back on a 150sec frequency

Are you sure the Acct-Interim-Interval is actually being sent in the
reply? Have you checked by running under debug mode, or with a packet
sniffer?

> * We are getting the accounting packets on the start and stop of the
> connection

Are you sure the NAS supports interim accounting?

> * The reporting back (accounting packets), is that the responsibility og
> the NAS / RADIUS / Client ?

The NAS.