The story of PAP, CHAP and the blank password

Wynand Meijer wynand at brandedinternet.co.za
Wed Mar 16 13:14:12 CET 2011

Thanks for the feedback,

We have made contact with the NAS 'provider' and requested they resolve
the issue by replacing the string "void" with nothing. As the passed
string is the 'cause' of the problem we would rather them fix it than we
try and hack around it.

If these errors keep persisting we will look into a solution as you
suggested like 00121231234:00121231234 or 00121231234:1111

Thanks
Wynand