Using tokens for 802.1x auth

David Mitton david at mitton.com
Thu Mar 24 14:48:32 CET 2011

The hotel authentication is typically not done using 802.1x.
Or it's simply a shared password.
The other piece is a gateway that typically traps your HTTP traffic
and forces another authentication before it will forward your traffic
to the outside world.

Another EAP combination would be PEAP (any flavor) and GTC.
Cisco has that in their supplicant.

Their are free EAP supplicants out there for Windows.
Cisco has a set for their cards and ACS, but they they do not require
Cisco hw.

I would strongly look at this package:
http://open1x.sourceforge.net/

There is a Windows build of the Linux supplicant
http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

Juniper sells the former Funk Odyssy Access client that will do TTLS.

Dave.