Per Vendor NAS-Port documentation

Olivier Bilodeau obilodeau at inverse.ca
Wed Mar 30 18:23:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been a collective effort to document the
meaning of the NAS-Port by the various Network Vendors?

We are working on PacketFence here (an open source NAC) and we translate
the NAS-Port to the ifIndex so we can request a dot1x reauthentication
to the ifIndex if we want to (ie: IDS event).

We've done the translation by ourselves since vendor documentation is
often lacking and I was thinking there must exist such a resource. Does
anyone here know?

I know we could use CoA with the original NAS-Port but it's less
supported than the SNMP PAE Reauthenticate MIBs.

Thanks!
--
Olivier Bilodeau
obilodeau at inverse.ca  ::  +1.514.447.4918 *115  ::  www.inverse.ca