sqlcounter & returning Gigawords?

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:10:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

We 're about to upgrade our radius which is still running 1.1.7
We use monthly datalimits so we patched the sqlcounter in order to
make it reply max 4GB of left quota (to avoid wrapping), even if the
user still has 10GB quota left.
Of course this results in a logged out user when he reaches a session of 4GB.

As general datatraffic increases we would like to avoid this in our
new radius setup.
In the newest version, is there a way to reply gigawords from sqlcounter?
If not, is there another solution to this?

Many thx.
Yves