Free Radius 2.1.8 + Mikrotik

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Wed May 11 00:01:25 CEST 2011

Ahmed Syed <zerocoolbd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone give me a hint how to solve following:
>
> We are using PPPoE server with FreeRadius autentification and we are using
> Simultaneous Use Checking. We are limiting number of simultaneous
> connections to 1.
>
> The problem is in nonstandard situation when PPPoE server is nonstandardly
> restarted and there will stay open sessions on the radius. New connections
> are unauthorized because of simultaneous checking. We must manually delete
> open sessions.
>
> All users are Reject/authetication failed  that time...

Set your Acct-Interim-Interval to something low (say 300 seconds) and
amend your SQL check for Simultaneous-Use so that it ignores stale data
that has not been updated in more than 900 seconds (a value three times
larger than Acct-Interim-Interval).

You need to have serious words with your NAS vendor why you are not
seeing accounting on-off packets (your NAS will send a 'reset'
accounting packet to your RADIUS server that you can use to trigger an
early session stop for all the users).

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter