Compiling from source

Tim McNabb tim at velociter.net
Fri May 13 20:03:20 CEST 2011

Has anyone been successful in installing FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 from src on CentOS or RHEL? I'd prefer not to use the package manager for installation as I'm attempting to install a custom module and the directory tree from the repo install doesn't match the source module setup. I know this is normal for using Yum, just wondering if anyone has been successful installing from src on CentOS and what worked and what didn't. Chkconfig doesn't seem to working on a src install either and I want radiusd to run as a service.

Thanks in advance,

Timothy McNabb
Network Administrator
Velociter Wireless, Inc