Renaming during Machine Authentication

Mark Jones Mjones at hpsd48.ab.ca
Sat May 14 00:21:03 CEST 2011

That sounds good...where exactly do I put that in the config files?

On 05/13/2011 11:03 PM, Mark Jones wrote:
> Hi all i have freeradius 2.1.10 setup on a SLES server. When the
> workstation boots it sends an mschapv2 request in the form
> host/machinename. What is the best way to convert this to machinename$ ?
> Sorry if this has been asked before Im stumped and cannot find the answer.

Why do you need to "rename" it?

If you want to do LDAP or SQL queries, you can use this in the query:

%{mschap:User-Name}

...which expands:

user -> user
DOMAIN\user -> user
host/name.domain.com -> name$

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.