Reply-message stripped from access-reject response

sbcsgjmbbz at snkmail.com sbcsgjmbbz at snkmail.com
Sat May 14 13:59:42 CEST 2011

On 14/05/2011 12:55, Alan DeKok aland-at-deployingradius.com
|freeradius-mailinglist| wrote:
> sbcsgjmbbz at snkmail.com wrote:
>> Using freeradius 1.1.3.
>    Upgrade.

My apologies, I made a mistake, the version is 2.1.7

>   Im trying to get freeradius to return a helpful
>> reply-message in access-rejects to the NAS but the reply-message seems
>> to get stripped from the access-reject packet. Ive configured the
>> reply-message as below in /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
>    Huh?  1.1.3 doesn't have "sites-enabled".
>
>    Figure out what you're doing.  You won't be able to understand
> anything until then.
>> Using wireshark on the radius server,
>    <sigh>
>
>    I have no idea why some people are deathly opposed to running the
> server in debugging mode.
I'm not at all, I've run it in debugging mode and I can see the
reply-message as below. I just wanted to make sure the packets on the
wire were as expected.

Sending Access-Reject of id 184 to 10.0.2.3 port 45566
         Reply-Message = "Login Failure"

>> However, on the receiving NAS, using wireshark, there is no
>> reply-message AVP!
>    The packets are from different login attempts.
Im confused, the Packet identifier is the same. Can you explain how you
know this. Thanks, much appreciated!