No Access-Accept packet just access-request

John Corps envoys at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:25:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have encountered a very strange issue with my setup. I have mac
address filtering setup and working perfect on one server, this server
also does other things so I want to migrate it to a new server. All
servers are on the same machine running in a vm environment. The
server1 does the filering perfect, I can see in packet captures that
the wireless client authenticates, the ap sends the access-request and
if freeradius finds the users, it sends back the access-accept, i see
this on both freeradius debug and also in my packet captures. On
server2 that is the exact same config of freeradius etc, the user
authenticates with the wifi ap, i can see the access-request in the
packet capture, on server2 running tcpdump i see the capture showing
it has sent the access-accept packet, but on the laptop i have
mirrored as a the port for the ap, i never see the access-accept
packet. This is quite confusing I think, but either way, the 2 servers
are on the same machine, both configs for freeradius are setup the
exact same, packetcaptures on both servers show the exact thing, but
server2 does not show as sending the access-accept to the AP on the
port that is mirrored from the AP but server1 does. I hope someone can
make sense of this and maybe share some insight on to what this could
be. There is no rules for the servers on any switches or AP's,
changing SERVER1's ip yields the same accept packet etc....I am
stumped and don't know what to do here...

Thanks.