Authentication issues with Win7 and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Wed May 18 19:53:05 CEST 2011

Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 18/05/11 17:10, Gary Gatten wrote:

>> I would LOVE if W7 just worked!  People here are blaming FR and I'm
>> trying to convince them it has nothing to do with it, but since the
>> MSCHAP challenges / responses are hashed I can't PROVE it to them.

> Are you / have you been able to:

>  1. stop terminating the PEAP on the Aruba
>  2. upgrade to FreeRADIUS 2.1.10

I can at least confirm the following from my Aruba setup here:

 a) _not_ terminating the outer EAP-PEAP in the Aruba and
 b) passing the whole thing to FR 2.1.10 works with any Windows I have
    so far encountered.
    (as far as the other things like server certificate chain, etc. are
     correct.)

So the setup Win7->Aruba->FR _will_ work, if you don't let the Aruba
gear fiddle with your EAP.

Grüße,
Sven.

--