Relation between NAS and FreeRADIUS

googerdi googerdi at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:26:12 CEST 2011

The problem is that i follow a tutorial that setup freeradius and chillispot
in the same computer. so that made some problem for me. now i want to
seperate freeradius from nas. I installed freeradius in a seperate computer.
then add mikrotik as NAS. I have internet in a cable and now I don't know
how to tell nas that this is internet. another problem is i made up network
of this. I installed pppoe server on mikrotik and add my radius in mikrotik.
when someone wants to connect, after the user is authenticated(correctly
entered username and password) the connection does not get ip so it'll be
disconnected.

when i run freeradius -X ,the user is authenticated and even it add it in
radpostauth.
now the question are these :

1. how can i tell mikrotik the internet is this(cable)

2. how can i config (i don't know it is duty of nas or freeradius) to reply
ip after valid username and password