ntlm_auth authentication results logging messages

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at iberdrolausa.com
Thu May 19 22:00:47 CEST 2011

> I found a similar user in an old thread who submitted a patch:
> (http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/Capturing-ntlm-auth-failure-
> reasons-in-rlm-mschap-td2791760.html)
> And it appears that this patch made it into the rlm_mschap.c module code:

I submitted that patch and it was included in FR v1.  Unfortunately,
a change in v2 regressed this functionality. In v2, there's now an additional round trip, so the ntlm_auth results need to be saved - they
are saved, in the current version, for success; but, not for failure.
I submitted another patch for v2 last year that saves the ntlm_auth
results for failures as well; but, it required rework (Alan wanted it
split into two separate patches) and I haven't had a chance to rework
it yet.  Other, really nice mschap patches have been submitted
since then (thank you Phil), so the rework, for me, is now a bit more.