Authentication Problem

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue May 24 04:30:42 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 9:20 AM, john decot <johndecot at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>    I have been using freeradius-server-2.1.10 . Dialupadmin is using for web
> based administration. It was working fine till yesterday. I have changed
> added attribute to check Max-All-Session.  Then I have face problem of
>  No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the
> user

Max-All-Session alone should not cause that

> however the authorized section is working fine. After googling i have check
> with option default Auth-Type = Local but it was not success.

Normally you should never have to mess with Auth-Type, unless you're
doing some exotic setup (like LDAP bind with fallback to system user)

> this error
> occurs for new create user only , old user are authenticating normally.
>
> I have revert back my changes with removing attribute to check
> Max-All-Session but still the error exists.

... which again, simply confirms that Max-All-Session was not the
cause of the problem

>        Please advise me.

You have changed something else and made it broken. Reverse that.
I use git to record changes in /etc/raddb so I can have a record of
what have changed. You might need something similar.

In the mean time, see
http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FAQ#It_still_doesn.27t_work.21
Since you say only some users experience it, compare the log for both
the working and non-working user.

--
Fajar