Radius proxy configuration

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed May 25 11:03:00 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Maglione Roberta wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the basic question.
>> I'm new on this list and I was trying to understand if I can achieve with freeradius a behavior similar to what could be done with another product (navisradius) by setting Radius-CopyMode.
>> In navisradius Radius-CopyMode specifies that after forwarding the request to the remote RADIUS server processing automatically continues with the method.
>> NavisRadius will not wait for a response from the remote server and any response received is discarded.
>
>  See http://git.freeradius.org.  Grab the "v2.1.x" branch, and look at
> raddb/modules/replicate.  You will need to do "configure
> --with-experimental-modules"

Also, that should only make sense for accounting (where FR can
basically send a reply to NAS, and forward the request to home server
without caring what the response is).

For authentication (like you mentioned in original post), what would
the purpose of forward-and-forget be? You'd still need the response
from home server to determine whether to accept the user or not.

--
Fajar