Copy accounting to a proxy and ignore reply

Sandro Magri sandro at freenetst.it
Fri May 27 00:29:39 CEST 2011

I'm running a farm of freeradius server 2.1.1,
 16 with Suse Linux and 32 with Sun Solaris,
and I need to proxy a copy of accounting packet to
a pool of remote home server, without wait
for reply/ack  from remote servers, and
without retries or failover, for performance reasons.
The accounting packet ( +1000/sec) must go asap
in one db of a pool di mysql servers before to be proxied,
rejecting accounting if all the dbservers fails .
It's possibile to do this with freeradius
in a very efficient manner?
Any idea for the better way to implement this configuration?

I'm trying with a config like:

accounting {
        redundant{
                        sqldb1
                        sqldb2
                        sqldb3
                        sqldb4
                        detail
                }

 if ( "%{Called-Station-Id}" == "my.apn.domain" ) {
             update control {
                    Proxy-To-Realm := "homeserver_pool"
        linelog

but I'm thinking about using the internal radrelay
in freeradius, proxying after copying acct
to detail file, like:
 sites-available/copy-acct-to-home-server
 sites-available/robust-proxy-accounting
 sites-available/decoupled-accounting

Best regards and thanks in advance,
                   Sandro Magri