New FreeRADIUS wiki - Help appreciated!

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri May 27 03:33:21 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell
<a.cudbardb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 26, 2011, at 6:09 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell
>>> 2) Go to http://power.freeradius.org:4567
>>
>> http://power.freeradius.org:4567 is problematic from here (slow, and
>> sometimes it gives connect errors) while the old wiki loads just fine.

> I'm not sure why it appears slow from where you are, it's pretty speedy from Sacramento, California, and the Server is in France.
>
> Also the new wiki doesn't use SQL, as I mentioned in the previous post all data storage is GIT.
>
> I did just have to restart it to fix some issues with the login status bar at the top which was broken by an update to the Mustache markup library, which may explain the connection errors.
>
> Please let me know if you continue to experience slowness and connection errors.

It's still slow. Using wget reveals something interesting though:
- it's connected almost immediately
- "HTTP request sent, awaiting response..." took over 10 seconds
- once I got "200 OK", the content is transferred very quickly, so
it's not connection speed problem.

Does ruby (or apache, or whatever web frontend you use) perform
reverse address lookup by default? If yes, it might explain the long
response time somewhat.

--
Fajar