IPv6 Accounting

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 27 16:44:48 CEST 2011

On 27/05/11 14:37, Shannon Ward wrote:
> Can someone point me to docs or help me get my head around what changes
> need to be done for IPv6 Accounting?
> Looks like I may need to add some fields to radacct and update the
> INSERT and UPDATE statements with IPv6 variables.

Assuming your NAS supports it, you want to store Framed-IPv6-Address -
so something like:

-- postgres
alter table radacct add framedipv6address inet;
-- other
alter table radacct add framedipv6address varchar(40);

...and then change the queries e.g. in sql.conf:

   accounting_update_query = " \
     UPDATE ${acct_table1} \
     SET \
        framedipaddress = '%{Framed-IP-Address}', \
        framedipv6address = '%{Framed-IPv6-Address}', \

> Is it necessary to run freeradius dual stack for IPv6 AAA?

No - IPv6 attributes can appear in IPv4 radius packet.