Service-Type Error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 1 14:16:14 CET 2011

Darren Shaw wrote:
> The FreeRadius server is a VM machine and the ESX host failed,
> everything came back and is now working apart from the following

  This isn't a FreeRADIUS question.  Your VM failed and destroyed the disk.

> The Radius Service, when the service starts this is the error we receive
>
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[219]: ERROR: Unknown value
> Administrative-User, for attribute Service-Type

  The default dictionaries that ship with FreeRADIUS work.

  If yours doesn't, it's because the disk has been corrupted.  At that
point, *all* bets are off.  You have no idea what else has been corrupted.

  Fix the disk, restore from backup, or re-install everything.