radiusclient problems

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Nov 4 14:37:32 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell
<a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> On 4 Nov 2011, at 12:55, Miha Zoubek wrote:
>> Sorry for bothering you.
>> Is not radius client part of freeradius?
>
> No, radclient is part of FreeRADIUS

@Arran: I think Miha is referring to http://wiki.freeradius.org/Radiusclient
It's hard not to think it as part of FreeRADIUS when the first line of
the wiki starts with "FreeRADIUS Client"

@Miha: last time I tried I couldn't get freeradius-client-1.1.6 to
work correctly either. It was a while ago though, so I don't remember
exactly what went wrong. However the (old) version that comes with
most distro (e.g Ubuntu Natty has radiusclient1-0.3.2-13) works
correctly, so I suggest you try using whatever your distro has first.
After that, if you have time, you can try revisit latest
freeradius-client.

Also, what do you need it for? The common use for radiusclient is to
provide radius auth functionality to pptp, in which case the old
version would probably be enough. If you simply want to do some tests
(e.g. send a packet, see how the server responds) it's easier to just
use radtest/radclient that comes with freeradius-server.

--
Fajar