Access-Challenge with FreeRadius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 9 21:10:51 CET 2011

hughdavid wrote:
> I thought that we can configure FreeRadius to implement the methods, that
> generate Access-Challenge messages for PAP protocol, and we can define some
> logic scenarios for these challenge exchanges
>
> Apparently it is not possible with FreeRadius

  Yes, it is.  But you need to write the code to make it do that.  There
is no pre-packaged configuration saying "implement Access-Challenge here"

  All Access-Challenge scenarios are tied to pre-existing authentication
methods.  e.g. EAP, SecurID, etc.  If you're technical enough to
implement your own Access-Challenge method, you're technical enough to
*implement* your own Access-Challenge method.

  If you can't figure out how to implement Access-Challenge in the
server (hint: there are examples), then you don't need to implement it.