LDAP/MSCHAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 11 09:14:39 CET 2011

Whitlow, Michael wrote:
> I am really close to a successful Freeradius implementation for 802.1X
>  wireless using LDAP authentication on the back end.

  Are you sure the backend is LDAP, and not AD?

  It it's AD, see my web page: http://deployingradius.com

  It has complete instructions for configuring authentication to AD.

> Here is the debug output. I have read others online with these symptoms
> but nothing I have found yet will help me.

  If you look at the *rest* of the debug output, you'll probably see
that the LDAP module didn't find a password in LDAP.

  If it found a password, it would set a Cleartext-Password, and MS-CHAP
would work.