Certificate Validation Process

Whitlow, Michael mwhitlow at bumail.bradley.edu
Tue Nov 15 20:58:25 CET 2011

All,

I have one minor issue to ask the group about.

Using Freeradius to authenticate 802.1X wireless clients, I noticed that if I try to connect to the wireless network and I purposely put in a bad password I still get the popup to validate the server certificate.

On the other radius implementations I am used to the cert validation does not happen until after the user is authenticated.  I imagine I have something configured not quite right but I don't know what.

So, in Freeradius is there a way to change it so the validate server certificate comes only after successfull authentication?

Thanks much,

Mike