EAP Attributes

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 22:59:37 CET 2011

On 11/16/2011 06:59 PM, Houston-III, Lester L wrote:
> Does the EAP plugin support Vendor Specific Attributes (VSA)?  Can any
> of the EAP attributes be modified to contain my own set of data? How can
> I inject custom data into my EAP message?

Why do you think you want to do this?

EAP methods typically define the format of the data exchanged; you can't
just add extra data willy nilly.

Most EAP methods are in fact cryptographically signed/secure, which is
the whole point.

So, you can update the EAP-Message attribute - but basically that
implies that you're implementing or modifying an EAP method, and that
usually requires matching support on the client side, so it's probably
futile.

What are you trying to accomplish?