2.1.10 crashes on debian/arm

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Nov 20 22:14:34 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Wegener, Norbert
<norbert.wegener at atos.net> wrote:
> Yes, this is around the  configuration in a larger production environment.
> In this case here  I wanted to see how much of that load can be put on an embedded system.

Not directly related to your problem, but:
- freeradius should be very fast when using ONLY files backend. You
shouldn't need to start that many threads to achieve max performance
(which you can test with the help of radperf/radclient/whatever)
- from my experience, when using db backend, you'd get best
performance when the number of FR threads is roughly the same as the
number of db connections that FR can open. And the best performance a
db server can deliver is usually related to the number of CPUs on your
db server.

So in short, if you want the best performance, you usually won't need
that high number of threads. Unless, of course, your backend is on a
massive multi-node db cluster :)

--
Fajar