EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPV2 won't finish

Alberto Martínez alberto_martinez at deusto.es
Mon Nov 21 10:15:50 CET 2011

Hi. Yet another MSCHAPv2 thread.

It's related to this one:
http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2008-July/msg00156.html
(I will post my output if needed, but I believe is almost the same)

Ivan Kalik states "That's because it's doing EAP mschapv2 not plain
mschap. It's normal
to get a couple more Challenge-Requests before process is over." but
neither Windows nor Ubuntu answer that challenge beyond that point.

The thread ends with "Problem solved: ntlm_auth of Samba 3.2.0 seems
not to work with Freeradius 2.0.5. After downgrading Samba to 3.0.29
everything is fine again." which contrasts with the
"
rlm_mschap: adding MS-CHAPv2 MPPE keys
++[mschap] returns ok
MSCHAP Success
"
part. Also, I'd like to know a little more about the ntlm_auth issue
before downgrading (I hate to do that).

Thanks.