freeradius 2.1.7-7.el5 - How to get vendor specific attributes from LDAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 25 12:27:46 CET 2011

Jakub Pech wrote:
> I red mentioned comments/documents MANY times and I didn't noticed
> anything that will describe de difference between check/reply item.

  The entire server is build around the concept of check and reply
items.  They work the same everywhere, in every module.

  Perhaps every configuration file should say "this is for FreeRADIUS,
which is a RADIUS server, which does RADIUS authentication" ?

> Yes You are right. And because of it I'm reading the documentations,
> wiki, descriptions, I'm googling etc. Just normal things when I'm
> setting up something I haven't set up before. But I didn't find the
> solution on almost week of working so I'm asking.

  As I said, it should take 15 minutes.  If you spent a week looking at
random files instead of asking questions, all you've done is confuse
yourself.

> Ok, you didn't catch my question. Is there anything else then
> ldap.attrmap and /modules/ldap that should be set up on freeradius
> server? Of course I have LDAP schema updated on LDAP server.

  Read raddb/sites-available/default.  Look for "ldap"