Virtual server basic proxy configuration?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 3 17:30:51 CEST 2011

John Douglass wrote:
> Basically wanting to create a virtual server listening on port 1818 that
> simply proxies ALL AUTH requests to radius1.gatech.edu port 1812.

  Read raddb/sites-available/README

  It explains virtual servers in detail.

> At a first read/glance,
> it looks like the proxy settings might apply to all virtual servers

  Yes.

> From reading "proxy.conf" would I just define something like:

  Which defines a home server, just like normal.

> Now...I am not sure how to apply this to a single virtual server. All I
> really want to do is redirect the requests and respond.

  Redirecting the requests involves setting Proxy-To-Realm.  So you'll
need to set up a realm && home server pool for the above home server.
Or, just use the old-style realms definition.  It will still work.

  Then:

server proxy_all {
  authorize {
    update control {
      Proxy-To-Realm := "nameOfRealm"

  A seven line config.  Can't get much simpler than that.