FreeRadius with Eduroam - Accounting

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Oct 5 10:56:30 CEST 2011

On 5 Oct 2011, at 10:40, Phil Mayers wrote:

> On 10/05/2011 09:26 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> Phil Mayers wrote:
>>> I guess that's ok, in that it stops an unresponsive realm blocking other
>>> realms, but wouldn't another solution be to add a config item to the
>>> detail reader to drop packets which are>X seconds old?
>>
>>   if (Acct-Delay-Time>  3600) {
>> 	ok
>>   } else {
>> 	... do proxy ....
>>   }
>

> Ah ha! Clever. I had forgotten the detail reader created/updated that attribute. Yay FreeRADIUS!

It's a bad way of doing it. At least with replicate every accounting packet has a chance... Using Acct-Delay-Time you'll end up dumping anywhere between 1-15 seconds accounting data for all realms if one realm is unreachable.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !