Reply-Message in freeradius

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Oct 5 16:36:01 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Dagia Dorjsuren <dagmid_d at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   How to add Reply-Message in freeradius? anyone advise me pls.

post-auth {
  update reply {
    Reply-Message = "Your message here\r\n"

> For example : I would like to send "Your username or password is wrong"
> message to NAS if the someone to access to my freeradius via wrong password
> from that NAS

That's tricky. Checking for reject is easy enough (see example in the
default post-auth section).  Checking WHY the rejection happens (e.g.
account expire, wrong password) is not easy.

One workaround is to add your reply-message only when no there is no

Fajar