Rewriting wimax calling-station-id with perl

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 5 22:08:03 CEST 2011

James T Mugauri wrote:

> As you are undoubtedly aware, the ubuntu/debian package of freeradius
> comes without the wimax module (despite having the wimax module)
> installed. My own attempts to compile/install/build deb package for
> ubuntu always die with the infamous "undefined reference to
> `lt_preloaded_symbols'" that apparently has even Alan opting to forsake
> libtool.

  That's in part because libtool changed their API in incompatible ways.
 Libtool && libltdl have weird incestuous dependencies.  And to make it
even better, they don't bother checking for consistency.  So you can use
incompatible versions and it will give you weird cryptic error messages.

> If so, would anyone here be able to mash up a few lines of perl code to
> this end? Please? I, unfortunately am not familiar enough with c to
> translate the logic behind the code above flawlessly.

  I'm not familiar enough with Perl, sorry.

  But why worry about a "deb" package?  Just install it from source.
That works.

> On 10/05/2011 02:10 PM, freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org

  *Please* edit your posts to remove the unnecessary text.  It's just nice.