Problems with my radrelay configuration?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 11 09:48:35 CEST 2011

tonimanel wrote:

> After append inside modules section of radrelay.conf file this code:
> When I lunch freeradius -X -n radrelay appear this:
> Polling for detail file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail
> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state unopened signalled
> 0 waiting 1.185128 sec
> Waking up in 1.1 seconds.

  Yes.  That's what is supposed to happen.

  radrelay *reads* the detail file, and processes packets.  If there's
no detail file, what do you think it does?

> I think that is the same result. Do you know what can be happening? Is
> correct this change? I think that I'm very lost... But I will get! With your
> help!

  You need to configure the server to *write* to the detail file.  Do
this with the normal server.  It will write the detail file, and the
radrelay configuration will read it, and will do it's job.