Broken Pipe with ssh

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 21:55:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Ssh users are suffering  of broken pipe when NASes use the  WPA
> Enterprise schema. I wonder is I have something misconfigured that is
> causing nosense reconnection or thinks alike. Please could could you
> help me and take a look to my config and tell me if I should fix
> something? Thanks in advance!

not really a RADIUS issue - unless your authentications are taking too
long and therefore timing out - causing the clients to lose actuall
connectivity.

you need to see what is happeing on the client when these events are taking
place - eg look at system messages or wireless stuff to see if somethings
not right there ...what is the session-timeout? do you chance their VLAN -
are different APs delivering different VLANs - do you see the clients
being mobile at all?  lots of things - its the wireless medium that
is causing the issue I believe...   and FR 2.1.1 is very very old, I'd recommend
that you upgrade

alan