Ippool giving gateway addresses

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Oct 17 09:53:55 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Alejandro Gandara
<agandara at optaresolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>

> I have two doubts which I couldn't resolv properly. I'll be so pleased if
> someone could give me a hand.
>
> 1º There is any way to configure ippool to give a gateway for each
> configured pool?

Short version: no.

Long answer:
AFAIK rlm_ipool and rlm_sqlippool only hand-out IP addresses in
Framed-IP-Address attribute.
However, if you use rlm_sqlippool, it should be easy enough to have an
additional custom sql table (or additional column) which (for example)
store the default gateway for each IP address. You can then use unlang
to send this information in Framed-Route attribute. Your NAS has to
support it though, otherwise the attribute will be silently ignored.

> 2º How I could check the bind addresses in db.* files?

try http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_ippool_tool
I'd recommend you use rlm_sqlippool instead though.

> 3º Radiuis-Framed-Routing is used to configure a gateway for each profile?

See http://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2865.html for a description on what
each attribute is for.

--
Fajar