Problems with my radrelay configuration?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Oct 17 10:13:09 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM, tonimanel
<antoniofernandez at fabergames.com> wrote:
> Any body can help me? Please!! I need to get a good configuration!

Step back for a moment. You want to run when you can't even walk.
Try answering these questions:

(1) Do you REALLY understand what this configuration will achieve?
On one of your mail you asked how to proxy authentication. You should
only need to copy accounting packets, and handle authentication
locally. If you're hoping that this setup will automagically
synchronize your user authentication data accross several independent
mysql instances, then your understanding is wrong.

(2) Divide and conquer.
Start with simple steps:
2.a. Do you know how to configure a simple freeradius setup that uses
users file for authentication and stores accounting record in detail
file?
2.b. Do you know how to configure a simple freeradius setup that uses
database for authentication dan accounting?
2.c. Do you know how to store accounting records in BOTH database and
detail file?
2.d. Do you know how to generate authentication and accounting
packets, either through a simulator (e.g. radclient, radperf) or by
using a NAS directly (e.g. chillispot, pptp, whatever).
2.e. Do you know how to read accounting records from a detail file and
forward it to a remote radius server?
sites-available/copy-acct-to-home-server and
sites-available/robust-proxy-accounting are good place to start.

If on any of those points the answer is NO, then spend some time to
learn about it. If you have a problem in a SPECIFIC task, then ask,
but be specific on what you ask about, and give enough information.

Simply modifying config file without knowing what it does, then asking
"help I'm in trouble" is simply rude.

--
Fajar