Installation docu

Andrej andrej.groups at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 22:23:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Not sure whether this is the right list to be writing to (the website
suggests it is), and I'm not following the suggested method (patch
documentation, and post it here if I don't want to use git), but I
wouldn't really know which document to patch with my suggestion.

I wanted to (and eventually managed to) install freeradius 2.1.12
with a PostgreSQL backend.  The existing docu, and the output
of ./configure --help give no clues as to what's required.  A run
of ./configure w/o any parameters didn't pick up my postgres install
(which has its headers and libs in fairly commonplace locations).

Only grepping for -ril postgres I found configure options in
the redhat.spec file, and using those radius built against Postgres
just fine ... can this info either be added into the configure script,
or the INSTALL document?

Cheers,
Andrej